In this article I’m going to break down exactly how to duet on TikTok so you can start taking advantage of trends and fueling your growth!
So, the question is: How do I actually duet on TikTok? Well first, there are the tactical steps for duetting. But what most people don’t realize is that dueting videos on TikTok is an under-utilized strategy for boosting your own growth and engagement with followers. If you find popular clips then by adding yourself into them not only will this give the original content creators more views but gives you new viewers as well!
People ask me all the time how they can duet when using TikTok so here are the tactical steps and a bonus growth strategy I’ve learned from personal experience and watching other successful TikTokers who have made their way up through social media platforms!
Step by Step How To Duet On TikTok
- Open the TikTok app – To use the app, you need to open it first. To do that, find it on your home screen and then tap on TikTok. Make sure you’re logged in.
- Find the video you want to duet – One of the best ways to find a video that you want to duet is by scrolling through the for you page (also know as the FYP). You can duet any video that has duets turned on!
- Tap the arrow on the right side of the screen – Tapping the arrow on the right side of your screen will open a new menu. With several rows of options. The grey/white bubbles have the duet option available (if duets are turned on for the video).
- Click “duet” if the option is available – If the duet option is greyed out, and unable to be clicked on, duets are turned off. If you can click on the duet option, you’ve got yourself a video to duet! This is fun.
- Record your duet – You can record yourself, your scenery, a note, another video – any of these can make acceptable duets. You can also add text to the video, as well as adding text to the caption and the hashtags.
- Use headphones if you want to use your voice in the duet – Make sure that you use headphones if you want to use your voice in the duet because it is difficult for other people to hear you otherwise.
- Super growth strategy: duet videos that are going viral already – One of the strategies that helped me grow my channel was duet videos. Find videos that are already starting to go viral, and add your own spin to it with a duet for massive views!
These tend to get a lot of attention and they’re easy to make, since you don’t need fancy ideas or editing!
I’ve been asked many times how to duet on TikTok, so I wanted to provide some tips for beginners.
And if you want to grow on TikTok, take a look at my free starter pack! You can find it here and download it at no cost – ttstarterpack.com