TikTok has taken the world by storm.
Here are a few statistics that may surprise you.
- TikTok is available in 155 countries and 75 languages (BusinessApps)
- TikTok has 500 million active users worldwide (Datareportal)
- February 2019, TikTok hit 1 billion downloads, beating Instagram and Facebook in app stores. (Business Insider)
Quite possibly, one of my favorite uses for TikTok, especially when it’s done well is in B2C (business-to-consumer) and/or Ecommerce. There’s something so fascinating about seeing products that are made for consumers being marketed well, and it’s rarely the case.
The point is, that when you create something that is ECommerce or a B2C product you have to make sure that you fit in on this platform and that you don’t seem like everything else that is marketing towards them.
Check out a few videos that I love and and how well they fit on the TikTok platform for Ecommerce and B2C.
So I’m going to show you guys a really great brand that I actually love every single day and every time I see one of their ads pop up. Even if it’s an organic ad for their products its really well done and they don’t turn me off to their products
- It’s none other than EOS, the chapstick in the little balls that are awesome! They literally created a piece of content that advertises their product as superior compared to the other chapstick out there. This one had 12,000 views. Check it out at 0:52 in the video. This is a trend that they nailed and I love seeing it. (Ecommerce)
- Let’s take a look at another one. This one is a little viral. It had 92,000 views. I love this one as well because they are using an influencer and kind of doing a tag team thing. You will also note that the position TikTok emblem is in a different spot. That is because they reposted this video. It’s one that she obviously put up and created and they used it again. They had rights to use the video according to their contract. So they had user generated content through an influencer and repurposed and I really love that. Check it out at 1:22 in the video. (Ecommerce)
- Let’s take a peek at another one. This is one of their more famous videos. This one has 857,000 views. The one thing I will say about this video is it looks like they spent a lot on production. Knowing that videos can go viral that you can create in less than 5 minutes, I think that their budget could have done better. If they would have put it across a ton of influencers and have those influencers create content. It looks like they have now gone toward that direction. While I like this video this one feels very commercial to me. Check it out at 2:14 in the video. (B2C)
I would go with the first two types of Ecommerce videos.
- Video 1 – Content created advertises their product as superior compared to the other companies. (Ecommerce)
- Video 2 – Repurposed content created by an influencer and added a tag team type of concept. (Ecommerce)
- Video 3 – A lot of money spent on production and has a commercial feel. I recommend using many influencers to create content (B2C)
All content does not fit on every platform, but it’s worth taking a look at and seeing what advertising feeling videos look like on TikTok. This is a great platform to be creative and have fun sharing content. These are great examples of B2C and especially Ecommerce crushing it on TikTok.
If you found this information helpful or have questions on TikTok check out my free TikTok Starter Pack: https://www.tiktokstarterpack.com/free